More details on pop-up from UAC etc.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I was wondering if there is a hidden setting/registry tweak for Windows 7 to have the "More details" button on UAC pop-ups and operations like File Copying on by default, so I don't have to click it every time.

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Not sure what you mean, but I'm gonna guess "no."

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Oops, I meant to post this in Other software & services, can a mod please move it?

@Hungry Man
    When UAC pops-up for permission, in the pop-up you can click the More details button and it will show you the file path, similarly when doing file operations like copying files for example, the More details button will show you the speed at which it is copying the files. I was hoping there would be a setting to have this shown by default so you don't have to click the More details button everytime.

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Ohhh, I see. No clue. Good luck.

5. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

For file transfer details: -http://www.askvg.com/how-to-always-show-more-details-in-file-transfer-cut-copy-delete-dialog-box-in-windows-vista-and-7/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.