More brains needed

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Not2Dum57, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not2Dum57

Not2Dum57 Registered Member

ggf31416 - "Did you try using..."

Can't recall at this point. Can't hurt to try again.

Thanks for the info/reminders.

2. Not2Dum57

rilla927 - "This is crazy!"

Depends upon which side of the screen you are viewing it from. Inside or outside. :)

Respectfully, thanks for your thoughts.

3. Not2Dum57

Thank you all for your thoughts and input. I am very aware that mine was an 'unusual' post and very frustrating to deal with.

Please consider the post officially 'closed' at this point as I will be unable to keep up with it as I, once again, rebuild my system.

Two items that may be of interest:

The 'reminder' regarding RKU was helpful. Frankly, I had forgotten about it having previously lumped it in with the rest of those tools that had not proved helpful during earlier attempts to diagnose the problem. The latest version did, in fact, find several hooks that I will be pursuing. I suspect it will turn out to be false positives resulting from other tools I have been using but that is worth determining. As I had said I was seeking what I was forgetting and that reminder was helpful.

Also, yesterday, the latest update to Ad-Aware detected Adaware.CDN. :) I have been running several different scan tools on a cyclical schedule for quite some time in the hope that, eventually, the defs would catch up and find something. While I am not certain of any relationship to my on-going problem at this point I will be looking into that further as well (including a new RKU scan to determine if the removal of .CDN will change any of the previous results).

Also of some interest, to me, is that my previous posting reflecting interest in the consistent lack of 'odd' activity occuring while on this forum appears to have precipitated the desired 'coincidental' results. :(

Again, thank you everyone for your participation.

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Glad you're sorted.

I knew it was user error.

I knew cause it's happened to me. Different situ but still user error. :D

Sometimes the teacher, sometimes the student.

Stick around. Wilders is fun!

5. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Sure looked like a test to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.