More A-2

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by eyespy, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Hi Andreas!
    I've downloaded and am running A-2.
    I'm posting here at Wilders rather than at the A-2 forum for the simple reason that I have to log in to your forum, which I tried unsuccessfully 5-6 times. This is after I logged into the A-2 program itself, than logged in again to configure and update.
    Andreas, I really appreciate the fact that you are offering a new product as many others probably do, but this program has too many log in actions IMHO.
    In addition,
    the trial (free) version is not a full working version.
    I'm a little disappointed at this as well, because we all like to play with the full proggie, even it it's good for only 30 days.
    Since this is a new program, I thought that you would have wanted users and potential customers to try the Full version on a trial basis.
    I'm not un-appreciative, just a little disappointed.

Regards,
    bill :)

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Hi Bill,
    What you call the full working version is the A² Personal.

It is not availble for download at this time.. this information might help on your comments.

You can easily recover your code via http://cc.a-2.org . Just put in your mail address into the User field and click on Code Lost .

>Will A² free be a seperate download (program) to A² Personal?

Yes .

>Or is it that you download A² (trial?) and then it gets upgraded from free version to A² Personal after purchase? Is there a trial period?

To update from a² free to a² personal you have to uninstall a² free and install a² personal. To update from an a² personal 30 day trial version you simply have to purchase a² personal and then do a normal online update .

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Essentially, A2 free isnt what its cracked up to be (As a malware scanner, its excellent, no false positives so far, I really like it) By what I mean, is, that though its free, and it scans very well, and very fast, is its essentially a never ending trial, Its like Downloading TrojanHunter or TDS3, getting to use it with updates forever, just missing its resident protection, and all the other fancy features, which, as a scanner, I expect that, but I was also hoping on A2 personal to release, so I could give it a try, at the moment, I just by-passed the StartCenter (No need for it, simply add a shortcut to the update prog, and the scanner prog itself in the start menu) As I found the start center really un-nessecary in the free version.

4. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

a² is NOT the trial of a² personal. Its a freeware version of a² with the scanner only cause many users out there want to use a freeware scanner that is reliable and updates regulary.

The a² personal trial is available within this week I guess.

5. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

Not exactly ;). A few settings (like the language) can only be set in the startcenter :).

6. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Thanks Primrose!
    I'll wait for the "Full Trial Version".
    I did not realise that their was another version in the making!
    Andreas,
    please accept my apologies.

regards,
    bill :)

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Since there's already an a2 thread going on this board over here, and we are in favor of centralizing - this thread is closed from now on.

Please post in the thread mentioned/linked above.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.