MooSoft is closed.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by NICK ADSL UK, Sep 27, 2014.

1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Sorry to hear this Dan.

We know that MooSoft was driven by your passion and not by profit.

As far as I'm concerned, MooSoft will forever retain a prominent place in Internet Security History and you will be remembered as one of its Pioneers.

Best of luck on your next endeavor.

hawki

~ Removed Off Topic Remarks and Link ~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
  3. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi dear Nick,

Thank you for letting us know!

Sad news to see that the story of The Cleaner has ended now. It was one of the ATs (like BOClean and TDS for example) that started way back in those days. Ohh, what a days it were. Yes, those were the days my friends. Sorry, all kind of memories come back now. I had The Cleaner as one of my ATs. Earliest email I quickly could find, goes back to 2000; I don't remember me when I first started to use it; but The Cleaner goes way back before that.

Big thanks to the Otis-Vigil brothers for their hard work and dedication. Thank you guys!!!

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hmmm..... I am sure it was dead years back. Never even heard of anyone using it. Sorry if I sound rude but that's the reality.

5. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi aigle,

Of course everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but it is also good to recognize those who played a role in Internet Security History (as hawki posted), in this case with respect to Trojans. It is good to look forward, but sometimes it is also good to take a moment to look back. Sometimes it is good to know the history (no, I don't pretend to know all of it). The Otis-Vigil brothers deserve a place in Internet Security History! They simply deserve it! No, we will not again start the discussions about BOClean and TDS. The Cleaner is now also ended. It is sad. History is history, but we should not forget it.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Ok. Seems I was not yet introduced to computer security when Cleaner was really kicking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.