MojoPac - Desktop virtualization software - review

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Mrkvonic, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

I bought a licence and all was going well until the latest version - then lots of BSODs. Support isn't great and theres been little in the way of new versions for months (and no Vista support even though its been promised).

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

posted on their BUG forum,waiting for a reply from staff,still waiting.

3. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

Also, although theres a fair bit of software that doesn't install in it, so it depends what you want to do with it.

4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

SBIE is acting up on my real system if i fire up ieplorer or opera in the Mojo Pac environment o_O weird i thought they (real and virtual) are strictly isolated software wise.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

A serious question, why do you need or must have SBIE in Mojo?

I'm aware that some apps don't work. It's not TEH solution. But it is A GREAT solution. There's nothing else that allows me to enjoy full 3D support for games and programs, plus run, let's say 70-80% of what I would like, from a portable hard drive.

Mrk

6. Long View

Long View Registered Member

To be fair I'm not a fan of SBIE at any time. Can see no reason why anyone would want to use it with Mojo.

7. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

to get things straight,my problem is that SBIE on my real system(its not installed in Mojo Pac) throw up error messages if i try to launch Opera or IEplorer from Mojo Pac,also app. installed in Mojo Pac does'nt work.

Sorry to say so but from my experience Mojo Pac is sadly dependent on the underlying host,at least software wise,but again maybe i'm missing something !?! :rolleyes:

8. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Its a great app,but as confirmed by Mojo support there are issues with Sandboxie,wil be fixed (when ?) in the next version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.