Module based installer

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products Beta' started by Drifter104, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifter104

Drifter104 Registered Member

Although from a business/marketing point of view I understand the expansion in to new areas such as anti-theft. It very much appears Eset is starting to tread the same path as so many other AVs over the last few years. Bigger is not always better and while I can see each feature as it is added can be disabled/enabled out of choice I can't help but think a better approach would be to allow the user to decide which modules to install from the start rather than have it installed but turned off.

On the same note when releasing major version upgrades so additional thought into how the end users/administrators are going do those upgrades would be appreciated. When I recently asked about how to upgrade RC policies from v4 to v5 I was told they had to be manually recreated. Not the news I wanted to hear when I had over 200 policies across various customers to recreate. I managed to find a much quicker and easier way to do it but the point was as far as Eset were concerned it was ok to ask the end user to create these all again.

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Modular installation is already implemented in ESET Endpoint product line.

3. Drifter104

Drifter104 Registered Member

Where would I find the option to not install the web filtering module? Or prehaps the antispam module? I don't mean turn it off I mean not even have to install it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.