Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Rita, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

What does a global moderator do?I guess its a stupid question,I think I know but just wondered what their main job was.this is the first forum I ever participated in so i'm not real familiar with the titles.who is the top guy here.Is it paul wilders?I know i sound really stupid,but just got to wondering :D
    Rita

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Global Moderators Moderate Globally ;) They have editorial control of all the public & product forums also hold the keys to the post prison, they are the beat bobbies.

Administrators can alter everything about the board including the moderators :) - They control nuts and bolts of how it all works and have full moderating culpabilities ;) There are four Admins here I believe Paul Wilders and Low WaterMark are the equal senior Admins.

Us Greenies are only allowed to control our specific product areas such as DCS, NOD, Acronis etc. ie. Product specific Mods.

I am sure they all must do something useful as well :eek:

HTH Pilli -

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Thanks Pilli
    I guess i did know but wasnt sure :D Everyone here does a great job and i'm forever grateful to have found this forum!i probaly irrate everyone with stupid and obvious questions everyone should know but i figure if i'm not positive of something ask.thank you for replying
    Rita

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I turn on the lights every morning :D

Really, for the most part, we keep the peace and order. We ensure that topics/threads are in the proper forum section, we watch over "hot" topic threads for flaming, insults, etc. A major part of our work is eliminating TOS violations. In addition, we try to make sure people feel welcome when they come here, but then again our members tend to do a pretty good job of that!

The ability to move and split/merge threads lets us help to keep things in order and easy to find - trying to keep particular topics in one place. After all, it is a lot easier to follow one thread on a topic than 3 seperate ones about the same thing in different forum sections.

There's a lot more to it, I guess, but can be summed up as keeping peace and order. I think we have a much more peaceful board than many as we do not allow board wars, flame wars, bashing, etc.

5. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi there Detox
    and you all do your jobs very well!
    sincerely
    Rita

6. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Pilli said:

**Global Moderators Moderate Globally They have editorial control of all the public & product forums also hold the keys to the post prison, they are the beat bobbies.**

Pilli...can it be safely said that the above statement was not intened to imply that you or any other mod has any control over all public forums and products but in fact are very limited to the particular forum you moderate.
    Public forums....library..schools..state..federal...etc....are defintely not under such private censorship.....
    The same applies to vendor's products.

Detox

So how ya doing these days....say, did you follow you intentions....an get into CJo_O/

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hmm, I'm not quite sure I follow what you are asking snowy? :doubt: Pilli meant that the Global Moderators can moderate in every forum section here at Wilders, while the dedicated forum moderators (those who's member names show in green coloring) only moderate within their assigned forum sections.

I'm not quite sure where "library..schools..state..federal...etc...." comes into play as far as Wilders goes?

8. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

LWM

Your post clarified.......GM's are restricted to certain private websites.......an not ALL PUBLIC FORUMS....(to which there are ten of thousands of public forums) I read the post several times before deciding it could be taken in-correctly.....the "public" sections at "private" forums would seem to actually apply

9. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Ah, gotcha. ;)

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You don’t at all, keep wondering, keep pondering even ;) Ask as many questions as you like, better that way than sitting in the dark somewhere, only to find there is a light switch above your head that you could have turned on had you known about it…

I don’t believe this would be the case at all…

Excellent way to be :D

Ask away I say ;) :D

Just my 2 cents worth…

Cheers :D

11. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

LWM

Thank you kind sir.........hmmmmmm, sure hope that Pilli did not mis-understand.......he seems like a nice person.......I'll need to be more careful how my replies are worded.........seems I am being mis-understood alot.....

12. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi blackspear
    thank you for that encourging post.i appreciate it and i'll just keep asking away :D have a great day
    Rita

13. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

ritaann, believe it or not that is why we all hang around here so much. It sure isn't the pay :D It is because we do really enjoy helping the members and guest's here. And there are no stupid questions just un answered ones. So if you ever have a question please don't hesitate to ask

bigc
    curt

14. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My pleasure, and you keep doing that, it's my policy as well... ;) :D

All the best...

Cheers :D

15. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Curt
    i sure will ask-- and i have always been helped and i appreciate each and every one here at wilders
    thank you
    Rita

16. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

hey Snowguy - I'm finishing up my coursework (9 hours) for my masters degree this semester - then going to work in local law enforcement and during the next half year (after december) finishing my thesis and making application to a couple federal agencies in which I am interested.

17. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:

But then you 'make up' like above -in genuine Wilders way- which is what it's all about, right? Self-reflection is a true virtue (and not all of us master it...)
    Cheers Snow Guy!

Regards,
    slammer :)

18. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

DETOX

Thats great.....you have my very most respect for sticking to your goals and working so hard..........as always: The very best to you.

Would suggest AT&F......its got more juice than is realized by many....

19. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Snowguy, Misinterpretation I think it is a cultural thing that causes most problems epecially between English speaking nations :)

Us British, of course, are ALWAYS correct :p :eek:

Cheers. Pilli :oops:

20. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:cool: do what i do give yourself the power lol

who better then to bestowe it yourself :D

21. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

SLAMMER

you are indeed a true person of understand and class.....thank you for your kind words..... Yes, at times I have a problem trying to express myself moderately instead of aggressively......striking that finely tuned balance.......on top of this was the past three years of enduring constant physical pain............am working very hard to bring about a level of complete calm...again.........will take time...

PILLI: SAID:

**Hi Snowguy, Misinterpretation I think it is a cultural thing that causes most problems epecially between English speaking nations

Us British, of course, are ALWAYS correct

Cheers. Pilli ****

NEW FRIEND PILLI,

Sir, to which/what cultural thing would you be referring to....we here in the U.S. have no culture..........LOL (unless we purchase it at WalMart)

(oh boy, bet that statement gets me in hot water...LOL)

But of course the Brits are always right....you had the Canadians to teach you

22. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi
    I just wanted to tell you i hope your years of pain are over and i wish for you good health and happiness!the best to you!
    Rita

23. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

RITA

Your kind words and well wishes are deeply appreciated,,,thank you.
    Many members here at wilders are awear of my previous illness an gave me much encouragement during the difficult time......
    now I take it one day at a time.....lifestyle changes....it really is a new day for me..........the illness may return....we will see

24. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Quote for "The SnowGuy",

The most I can do for my friend

is simply to be his friend.

I have no wealth to bestow on him.

If he knows that I am happy in loving him,

he will want no other reward.

Henry David Thoreau

I've read some new, and some old. In my book, you're alright SnowGuy!
    My Very Best Wishes Toward Health And Happiness... ;)

GF

25. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Well, we did have to teach you about how to be a good lumberjack. :D

Getting back OT, the Forum FAQ give some details about moderator abilities. They may also be able to view the IP address from which each post was made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.