Mobile Security freezing phone repeatedly! (windows mob)

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by chris888, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris888

chris888 Registered Member

Please help!

Problem: On-access scanning of non-native apps freezes the phone.

- ESET Mobile Security 1.3.1670 Last database update: Mar 20, 2011
    - Installed & activated: Mar 20, 2011 (email reporting successful activation was received.)
    - Install file: ESET_mobile_security_enu_ppc_home.cab
    - Phone: Verizon HTC Touch Pro2 w/ Windows Mobile 6.5

Posting here because my PC's browser doesn't seem compatible with the form for submitting a Support Case on the ESET's website. I have checked the User Manual, the Knowledgebase, and this forum for help with the phone's freezing, but no luck.

- Happened about 6 times so far & had to reset phone each time. The in-progress color circle in the center starts and never stops. The tiny "scanning" notification icon in the bottom right appears and never disappears. The app never opens.
    - Some settings info:
    --- Heuristics is NOT selected for On-access (nor for On-demand).
    --- Extensions: scan all extensions (i.e. "Extension sensitive" is not selected.)
    --- Phone has OFF: all data (i.e. internet), wi-fi, bluetooth.
    --- Phone has ON: the phone function.
    - Has happened everytime open an app that I've added. I tried several different apps, all of which I've used before with no problems. When I did an On-demand scan of one of the app's program folder, ESET scans quickly & reports no infected files.
    - Does NOT seem to happen when open an app that came with the phone, e.g. calculator, camera, picture viewer, voice recorder, excel.
    - When I do an On-demand scan of the Whole device, ESET scans quickly & reports no infected files.

Please let me know what further info I can provide.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  2. chris888

chris888 Registered Member

- The only new observation is that the freezing does NOT seem to happen when the display of the little icon in the bottom right corner that says "SCANNING", is turned off. (Settings > On-access > Display scan in action status)

- I was able to start a support case by calling ESET support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.