MKS_VIR 2004 : CAUSING SYSTEM SLOWDOWN

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Barney, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barney

Barney Registered Member

I really love the look of this antivirus program. I tried it for a day and loved it's detecting capabilities, but there is only one problem. This AV is very slow; in fact it is slower than KAV ever was. When I open "My Computer" icon, there is a good5-10 second delay. That is absolutely unacceptable. I have never had this kind of lag with any other AV before in my life. Almost every program that I try to run causes a severe delay on my system. I am going to have to put this program on the back burner for now and stick with DRWEB. If this program were as fast as DRWEB I would ditch DRWEB in a heart beat. For me, that is a big statement. I am the biggest DRWEB fan on the face of the earth. DRWEB, Nod32 and F-prot still remain the lightest AV's out there. If anybody has any input on why I am experiencing this or if you have any suggestions on how to fix it, please let me know. Thanks

Barney

2. stormbyte

stormbyte AV Expert

3. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Barney,
    I have not experienced any slow down on apps opening, with the exception of ad aware se opens very slow and Perfectdisk takes about thirty seconds before it starts analyzing and then runs normally. I have both set in monitor exclusions and it took care of the slow start for adaware but not Perfectdisk. I had the monitor window open and MKS is scanning the windows folder as PD is accessing to analyze. At least that is what appears to be happening. I haven't been to concerned about it but do plan to contact support or the MKS forum about it.
    Other than this I have had no significant slowdown on popening apps. Even with the 37 or so MB's of ram MKS uses, my comp hardly notices it is there.

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

That was one attribute of mks_vir that I've noticed. A somewhat large piece of RAM is committed to mks_vir, but all other processes remain very snappy, even when scanning is active and CPU utilization is high for prolonged periods.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.