mk:@MSITStore:C:\WINDOWS\start.chm::/start.html

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by annoyeduser, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annoyeduser

annoyeduser Guest

ok i get this say every 3 times i restart on my homepage or everytime i try sorting the problem out, avg anti vurus doesent pick it put and its very annoying. i may just format my comp if no one can give me useful advice especially that dvk01 telling people to go to that site and avg picks up a trojan in that remove.exe straght away

also somwere i think the mk:mad:MSITStore:C:\WINDOWS\start.chm::/start.html has deleted my notepad i noticed my notepad files dont open and i cant find a notepad.exe anywere else even in my cab files :(

im totally baffled on what to do.

2. annoyeduser

annoyeduser Guest

sorry if this is in wrong forum im not sure what to posit it in as im not sure what it is

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi annoyeduser,

The best advice we can offer at the moment is to try the fix at http://www.master-search.com

Several infected people have used it successfully now.

Regards,

Pieter

4. annoyeduser

annoyeduser Guest

my avg resident shield stops that mt computer screen goes all black with a red square in the centre when i click it and says its found a trojan in some tempory file ive tried it twice now sopmehow i dont trust it

5. annoyeduser

annoyeduser Guest

and whats the crap it says about ''If you got the problems with homepage hijacking - it is the results of failed experiment. It is not because of your computer system security.
    Our team is apologizing for the inconvenience. And sorry at all. '' so them are the ones that created it hmm and your telling me to download a socalled remove.exe from themo_O?

6. annoyeduser

annoyeduser Guest

also sorry for teble posting but why has it deleted notepad, what they done a experiment to delewte notepad and set your homepage to some horiblr search site?

7. Pieter_Arntz

It is the only solution we have found sofar.
    This is not the only malware where the uninstaller is provided by the same people that spread it, by the way.

I will have the file checked by some developers if that makes you feel better, but that will probably take a while (until after the weekend).

Does AVG have a name for the trojan it finds?

Regards,

Pieter

8. Pieter_Arntz

9. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I've just downloaded both versions to check again

Kapersky are now calling both versions a trojan startpage fz

I assume they must have found something in it that the people who looked at it didn't before

I have sent it off to other developers and asked for help and will let you know

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004
  10. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.