Mixed bag

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jigsaw, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jigsaw

Jigsaw Registered Member

This started with the 2014 up-date for Avast. I had a paid version for internet security. It said I wasn't secure so I clicked fix. Avast deleted data and files, then told me to restart the comp. When i re-booted I got as far as the sign in screen, then it went on a cycle or shut down, re-boot. So I pulled out the plug. restarted, but it just done the same thing. I done start up in safe mode and looked in mini dump, there was about 5/6 bsod files there. I deleted Avast. on restart all looked ok,so I down loaded Kaspersky 30 days trial. run a scan.all good. I checked spywareblaster and it needed enabling. I down loaded malwarebytes again, run that and all clear. I went to check the bsod files in the mini dump, but they had gone ? Now on boot up I have to enable blocked site in Spywareblaster each time. I don't know if its Kaspersky doing that or not. I've posted on Avast forums, they where blaming windows security center, but with all the posts they have had about this fault, I think they know it's more their fault ?? I have yet to post on the Kaspersky site about the conflict wiht spywareblaster. Any ideas? Before You tell Me to up-grade lol I cant afford to!
    I'm running windows XP home edition 2002 service pk3 :cool:
    Thanks for any help:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.