missing .TIB file on first volume

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AK74, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AK74

AK74 Registered Member

Hello,

I am using Acronis Home v 11 build 8053, and I am backing up to multiple DVD's. When I change the default options at the time of making a backup so that the following are checked ...

1) Place Acronis true image Home (full version) on media
    and
    2) Place Acronis One-Click restore on media

The resulting first volume backup DVD does not contain ANY .tib file. It clearly has the data on the DVD because the entire DVD is full, but it is not able to be seen by the program when trying to restore because there is no .tib file. When prompted by the program to insert the first volume, it does not recognize it as the first volume.

The bootable files are shown on the DVD. The DVD does boot, but can not be restored.

What gives? Am I missing something or is this just a colossal blunder by the programmers?

2. AK74

AK74 Registered Member

anyone?...

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    LOL

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't use DVDs for various reasons but try putting in the last DVD that was written first. The reason for trying this is that TI writes information about the structure of the backup on the last written DVD and it needs this to reconstruct the data. I may be all wet but it is easy to try.

4. AK74

AK74 Registered Member

thanks but i've tried that already. it sees the data on the dvd that has the .tib file (the last volume), but the first DVD is not recognized as an image disc at all. It just prompts to retry or cancel when doing that on the first disc after the last volume is inserted.

There is no .tib file on the first disc when examining it with windows explorer, yet physically looking at the bottom of the first disc shows that the DVD is nearly full.
    o_O

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AK74,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. Actually described issue is not a usual one. So could you please submit a request for technical support with the link to this thread. We'll forward the case to our Quality Assurance Team to let them reproduce the situation under consideration. If it is reproduced our Development Team will take care of the case and do their best to fix the issue.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

6. AK74

AK74 Registered Member

done. Thanks.
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.