Missing the v2 behaviour for online traffic scan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by marknell, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marknell

marknell Registered Member

Hello, I've recently upgraded to the latest v3 release and found out about the new behaviour for online traffic scan.

While using v2 I could have my online traffic scanned without having to alter application rules in my firewall application (Outpost).
    For example, I could have a rule for firefox that allowed connecting to remote hosts on port 80. NOD32 would still scan my online traffic without issues, transparently.

Now with v3 I only have to enable firefox to connect on localhost on the port NOD32 uses to redirect traffic.
    If I do things this way I lose quite a bit of control, for example I'm now no longer able to create a rule that prevents some applications from "calling back home".

I really would like to know if there is any way to restore the behaviour that was present in v2.
    Everything was transparent and I didn't have to explicitly route all the traffic through NOD32.

Although I suppose v2 is still supported, at least regarding signatures, I would prefer to stick with the latest stable version without having to reinstall the old version.
    Is there any change for the old behaviour to come back in the next major release?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes ... :D Remove any security applications you have installed and download ESET Smart Security

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can disable protocol traffic checking for all or certain applications. In such case, this traffic will not be redirected through ekrn. The next major update will bring an improvement in this respect, unfortunately, it's supported only by Windows Vista and newer OS.

4. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

You have to be kidding?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2008
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Unfortunately, that technology was first introduced in Windows Vista. We are not the vendor of Windows so we cannot make any patches or upgrades of the operating system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.