missing setup cd to important programs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bugz, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bugz

Bugz Registered Member

Hi,
    I have some programs on my computer which holds really important data to me which i no longer have the setup cds to. Is there any way for me to "copy/image" them on to a different computer?
    I have been searching thru the forum for people with similar problems and it looks like Norton Ghosts would be able to do what i want but i am not sure because the system i want to image my program to will have different hardwares, drivers...etc.
    Any suggestions woud be much appreciated.
    Thank you

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Bugz

You are treading on a slippery slope on this one, as this could violate license agreements. Assuming they are current programs, and you are a licensed owner, the software authors should be able to help you, unless for example it was something like Microsoft Office that came with the computer. There are some data transfer programs that move stuff from one PC to another, but they can be iffy, and if it is a program that has a license key, they might not move it. Google on data transfer and you will find them.

Pete

3. Bugz

Bugz Registered Member

Hi Pete,
    Thanks for replying. So you don't think Norton Ghost would do the job?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.