missing options in NOD

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by _Karl_, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Karl_

_Karl_ Guest

An interesting observation, being a long time NOD user I have always updated my configuration through the command center. As far as I understand, the environment gets updated, too.

Recently I suggested to friend to try out NOD. He installed the trial on his system and while I explained the setup options to him I noticed, that he has an option "check mail archives" in his scanner setup dialog. This is missing on my system, there's only the "scan archive" option...any explanations?

Regards,

Karl

2. _Karl_

_Karl_ Guest

Guess I should clarify my statement a bit:

In the NOD on demand scanner module under the setup tab I have 4 options in the field "Diagnostic Methods", i.e. Signatures, Heuristics, Runtime Packers, Archives. In the current trial there is a fifth option "Mail archives" or "Mail databases" (sorry, can't remember the exact name).

How come, that the trial has more options than the licensed product? I have downloaded the latest commercial distribution archive, but still no luck. So I would be grateful if other licensed users could check, which setting they have available...and of course an answer from the NOD team would be great...

Well, hope this is clearer now...

Thanks,

Karl

3. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi Karl,

>How come, that the trial has more options than the licensed product?

This is due to some test features in the trial version before putting them into the licensed product.

All the best, :)

jan

4. _Karl_

_Karl_ Guest

Jan, thanks for the answer....and I was wondering already if my installation got corrupted ....good news, hopefully the mail archive scan will make it into the final product some day...it is in the v2 Beta, isn't it...

Karl

5. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Karl,

>hopefully the mail archive scan will make it into the final product some day...it is in the v2 Beta, isn't it...

Yes, you've got it, in the Beta4 too! :cool:

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.