missing options from RA configuration editor

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by ProTON, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

Hi,

I just upgraded my Remote Administrator Server to version 2.0.29. I created a NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 package and configured some options to set after install. But after package installation on one of the computer I noticed that not all options got applied. For example Update username and password, some real time scanner options. I created new profiles for those options and specified it in the "Selected profile", but seems like these profiles were not created. These profiles were only created when I executed another configuration task from RA to the computer. But still some options where not set.

Also I noticed that some options is completely missing from Configuration Editor. These options include "Show splash screen at startup", "Enable email protection", etc.

Oh, and I'm using Business Edition.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

2. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I found email protection in the config editor but I don't see "show splash screen at startup". I think it defaults to show though and I assume you want to disable it. Under the kernel setup I have "Email Protection". There's a few settings that you can go through in there. Also there's an email client configuration and email filter.

3. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

Yeah, but Email Protection in Kernel section doesn't turn it off. I disabled every possible option there and in the Email Client/Email Filter also, but Email Protection is still enabled on the client.

4. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

You disabled it in the Email that was going to be my next step. Under the personal firewall has an email checker in there. Even you don't have it setup, check under there because if you look at the av client there's setting in there (web access protection) that fall under the firewall setting in the config. Try disabling it in there.

5. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

Yes, i disabled Email checking in Personal Firewall section too. However Email protection module is still on.

6. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I'm not sure at this point. I will continue to look.

7. mickhardy

mickhardy Registered Member

I had some missing options I needed to configure and some options not sticking when configured from ERA. I exported a config file from an installed GUI and used this config file to push a task to all the clients. This seemed to rectify all the client configuration issues I was having.

8. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

How the export is done from the client? I have never done that.

9. mickhardy

mickhardy Registered Member

V3 has an import export settings option with Advanced mode on.

Using this config file does not require the second task push. The settings stick when packaged with the installer.

Attached Files:

10. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

Thank you. Worked like a charm.

I also got response from the ESET support team and they confirmed that indeed some of the options are still not implemented in Configuration Editor.

I'm still waiting for the response about missing profiles I created though.

11. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Thanks, that is pretty cool trick.

12. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

I've got information from ESET support that fixed RA version will be released late January of 2008 most probably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.