Missing NTLDR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR BETA Forum' started by JLbolin, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLbolin

JLbolin Registered Member

I installed the FDISR Beta in Windows XP, created a new empty snapshot and then installed Vista in the empty snapshot.
    It installed fine, I got to the desktop, installed FDISR Beta and then rebooted and it booted back to Vista, a little later I rebooted and switched over to the Windows XP snapshot.
    It booted and worked fine, but then when I rebooted to switch back to Vista, I kept getting Missing NTLDR message and could only boot windows xp and not Vista.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. JLbolin

JLbolin Registered Member

Well I finally fixed the problem by disconnecting my ide hard drive and then booting off the vista install disc and clicking repair boot.
    If I didn't disconnect the ide drive it said there was no problem.
    When I did disconnect it, it said that the boot loader was corrupt.
    So I am assuming that it had something to do with the fact that I have both a Sata drive and an Ide drive and vista is installed on the Sata drive.

3. flimbag

flimbag Registered Member

My guess is that when your IDE drive is connected, your BIOS is trying to boot from that first and not seeing your SATA drive. I'd check the order in which your hard drives boot in the BIOS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.