Missing msi file

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by RobYo, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobYo

RobYo Registered Member

I tried to update my legitimate NOD32 4.2.40 to v5 but could not uninstall v4 because the appropriate msi file was missing. At some time that file must have been inadvertently deleted from my computer. As well, there appears to be no uninstall file in the ESET directory. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    I apologise if this has been dealt with before.
    I am using a completely up-to-date Windows 7.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

3. RobYo

RobYo Registered Member

Thanks for your advice, but over my 4.2.40 version the newer one refused to instal, once again lacking the older msi file. It seems I'll have to use the ESET Uninstaller brute-force programme. Is there anything to be careful about in this?

4. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello RobYo

(Just some humble personal experience with Eset Uninstall Tool.)

Have used Eset's uninstaller tool with good results a few times with some of my friends who had gotten themselves into trouble. Mostly because they had installed a myriad of different security programs, which of course ended up with compatibility issues and a lot of other goodies :) . So if you just follow this guide for uninstalling Eset you should be fine.
    Link : How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET security product?

Regards, Janus

5. RobYo

RobYo Registered Member

Janus, thank you very much for your help. It took two attempts to remove the older programme, and the latest version is now successfully installed.
    Regards, RobYo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.