Missing feature in V3 and other suggestions

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Frieza, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frieza

Frieza Guest

Firstly I would like to say congratulations on this excellent version of ProcessGuard. This unique kernel level security aplication has progressed such a long way since it was first released and has improved vastly.

However, I have just noticed that the drag and drop feature is missing from the final beta version of Process Guard V3. Also I think that when you add applications to the protected list manually, you should be able to highlight more than one to add since this saves much time.

I have also noticed that all processes added during the ''Learning mode'' are still given the permissions Modify+Read by default. I understand your reasons for doing this but all I end up doing is going through my extensive protected applications list and removing the ''modify'' permissions since it is unnecessarily given to many programs, for example I have a program that automatically pushes buttons, a textpad tool and various basic applications and these never require modify permissions yet they are given these permissions by default.

I think that only the default list of applications that are added to the protected list should be given such permissions (lsass.exe,services.exe,winlogin etc etc).

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Giving programs those privileges by default helps to speed operation of ProcessGuard and also means there will be less problems experienced by the majority of users. There is no problem in giving applications privileges if the application is protected from modify, since nothing can be abused by something malicious.

I'll think about adding the drag and drop stuff, might not be a problem, although the new learning mode and adding items from the security list (right click on items in there) should certainly help you speed up the addition.

3. Frieza

Frieza Guest

Thanks Jason, I did not realise one could add programs from the Security menu by using ''right click'', however drag and drop was a useful feature from V2 and it would be good if it was still in V3. I wonder if others miss this feature or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.