missing ess.msi

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by sanlucar, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanlucar

sanlucar Registered Member

hi there,

I have been using eset smart security for awhile now, then I uninstalled it and tried to install the new trial version, but i keep coming up with this error.....A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file c:\windows\installer\ess.msi

I have searched all my directories and can not find this particular file. I have manually deleted all instances of ESET in my registry, but i always get this error and can not install the new version. I have googled ess.msi, but nothing relevant, can somebody please point me to where to get this particular file?

thanks

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. sanlucar

Hi Ronjor,

thanks for the quick reply, but I have tried that install utility already and it did not listed any ESET related entries or files.

I think the ESET install program is trying to read the ess.msi file and it does not find it. When I went into the c:\windows directory, there is no installer subfolder, could it be is hidden?

any more suggestions?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

List your operating system please. Is this for a single computer and are you the administrator?

5. sanlucar

windows xp profesional ver 2000 service pack 3, this is my home laptop and i log on as the admin.

please advise

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. sanlucar

I followed all instructions suggested on the link, still get the same error. Where can I get the ess.msi file?, google can not find anything related to it.

thanks for helping

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you have a backup for your original installation, I would use it at this point. Perhaps an ESET moderator can advise you further.

9. sanlucar

thanks for all your help ronjor. I was able to take care of this issue by using a program called Perfect Uninstaller, it cleaned all leftovers by Eset and after that I rebooted the laptop and I was able to install NOD32 antivirus, running fine now.

thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.