Missing a pc

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hi - I have 3 computers on a hardwired network using a Linksys router. For some reason one of the pc's has gone MIA - not showing up in network and shared printer screens. I restarted the pc's - also unplugged router & modem, replugged & no change. Connections are secure. What should I try next? Thank you! D :)

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hey Dec, what happened here?

3. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hey GF - as you can see I am having a "moment" with these 3 pc's of mine. I have Cablevision - and the network got hit hard with malware last week - a few of my neighbors (who are not really into fixing pc's) all just bought new pc's due to this barrage of viruses. I got my pc's free of the viruses - but they left their calling cards with some random features missing. Of course Cablevision claim they know nothing about all this - scum that they are. So anyway - any ideas here - this one I hope is simple!
    How u been - enjoy the football yesterday? My best, D:)

4. GlobalForce

Sure, the better teams won. I hope they'll be @ their best when the time comes - I despise blowouts!

As for network, these'll provide a quicker rundown than I can question .... PCWorld and WiseGeek.

5. GlobalForce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.