Missed Place Serial Number /Username and Password Members Area Help!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by The_Fallen_One949, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Fallen_One949

The_Fallen_One949 Registered Member

Hi Who do I need to get in contact with to get my Serial Number/Username and Password as I have miss placed the email I had it in I live in Australia that is the site I got the email off of.
    best Regards
    The Fallen One

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I lost the e-mail that contained my username and password. How do I get that information again?

You can request your username and password from the local distributor or reseller you purchased NOD32 from. Shouldn't you retrieve the username and password from them, email sales@eset.com and provide the e-mail address and your full name.you used for the registration.

http://nod32.com/support/nodfaq2.htm#pwd

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Unfortunatly Ron, this won't work for Australian customers, their information is held solely by Nod32 Australia, and by the local Reseller (if they maintain a client database).

The_Fallen_One949, follow Ron's 1st piece of advice and contact the business from whom you purchased, failing this contact:

sales @ nod32.com.au

Cheers :D

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I think what Blackspear has said is probably right, but it would certainly be worth a try wouldn't it?

6. webyourbusiness

well the update servers have to know that a particular username/password is valid/in-valid, so I would definitely TRY and use the Eset system - who knows... PERHAPS it's setup to drag email/username/password from a live and "connected" system that drives the update servers - you NEVER KNOW... ;)

7. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Agreed - must be able to determine if a license is valid, but in Australia, the reseller knows the email of the purchaser - the national distributor does not, so with that knowledge it escapes me how the UN/PW database for updates could have it on file to do a lookup :)

8. Blackspear

The new Eset system does not work for Australian Customers, as Eset do not retain the email addresses for our clients. I have confirmed this.

9. webyourbusiness

oh well.. the aussies' loss I guess...

10. The_Fallen_One949

The_Fallen_One949 Registered Member

Hi guy's I emailed Antivirus Australia and Got my Un/Pw But the onlything that gets me is they charge AU$10.00 its not much but is it free for other countrys or do they charge you a fee.
    Best Regards
    The Fallen One

11. Blackspear

Hi there, I have addressed this issue Here.

12. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hello folks,

As Blackspear has explained, there are a few countries, Australia being one of them, that the distributor prefers to enter their own email address in the section that would normally have the client's email address entered in our database. This is the prerogative of the relevant distributor and if they clearly indicate to their customers that a small charge will be made to re-issue license details, well, the client can't really complain if they lose their Username and Password.

It does make it a problem for Eset to verify a license and be 100% sure one has got the correct client. Therefore, Eset support usually have to refer doubtful issues like these to the relevant distributor to deal with.

Regards,
    Bandicoot. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.