Misleading message - update definitions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by djackino, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djackino

djackino Registered Member

Version 5.0.93, Windows XP SP 3, defs 6469.

I have a laptop which is refusing to autoupdate (to 6475). Another PC I have successfully updated to the 6475 defs at 5:30am ET (US Eastern Daylight time).

I have cleared the update cache. There is no "Update" folder that exists anymore under C:\program files\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\, so there is nothing to clean there.

I pinged update.eset.com per a kb article and the requests are timing out (6:48 AM ET, 09/19/2011), so it appears there may be a update server issue at ESET's end. However, ESET is not returining a "Error connecting to update server", instead it returns "Update is not necessary - the virus signature database is up to date."

In this case, ESET should be returning some sort of error indicating it is unable to connect to the update server, not the "Update is not necessary message"

Edit: The update server is now responding and my laptop is now at defs 6476. The message still needs to be fixed.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

I have forwarded this to our developers as a request to update the messaging if possible.

Thank you for the feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.