Misinformation on Paragon website could lead to lawsuit

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by ioniancat21, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ioniancat21

ioniancat21 Registered Member

Sadly, although Paragon's website says that this tool is integrated into many of their products, this is not true and in reality and is false advertising. The tool is only a standalone product and not integrated into any of their products so why does Paragon lie to customers stating it iso_O That's pretty bad in my opinion and speaking to a lawyer friend of mine, I thankfully will be getting a refund due to this false advertising so if anyone here has purchased a Paragon product thinking they were getting this feature will have a strong case to get a refund.

Here's what Paragon's site says about PAT:

-In the related products side link under the "Buy Now" widget:
    Paragon Alignment Tool is included in the following products:

Partition Manager Professional
    Partition Manager Server
    Partition Manager for Virtual Server

Hard Disk Manager Professional
    Hard Disk Manager Workstation
    Hard Disk Manager Server
    Hard Disk Manager for Virtual Server

Link to actual page containing this data:
    http://www.paragon-software.com/technologies/components/partition-alignment/

I would suggest that site admins contact Paragon and have them immediately take this false information down from their site and also post a notice to unfortunate users like myself offering refunds to those who purchased this product under false pretenses. A potential class-action lawsuit could arise from such fictional information like this.

2. ioniancat21

The user Mech_An further clarifies this although Paragon's site doesn't:

Link to actual quote:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=293995

I'm pretty sure this must be an honest mistake but Paragon has opened themselves up to criticism here.........

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. ioniancat21

Thanks for the info and I will do this on Monday but you should forward this information to Paragon as well because this is not good business and can mislead many including myself into buying something that doesn't do what is advertised.

Just to add, I am only angered because the information presented on the site is misleading. Fortunately, I had other tasks to accomplish besides drive alignment and have used PDHM for a number of years now and have been happy with the product when doing partitioning tasks. I may suggest they give me the Alignment Tool for free rather than a refund on PHDM.

5. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

All mentioned products include PAT as separate installation package.

Please read the email with download links carefully : there should be 3 components to download:
    1. Main program
    2. WinPE RCD
    3. PAT

Or: go to Mu Account - My downloads and find corresponding product.
    There will be list of all components:
    Capture.PNG

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Ioniancat,

You get the tool included in the purchase price - not sure what you are complaining about.

Perhaps the wording may be better as "included with" , instead of "included in"

I don't seem to have PAT v3 in my account.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.