Mirrors and localized packages

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Jonas Nilsson, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonas Nilsson

Jonas Nilsson Registered Member

Hello,

I'm setting up EE for the first time. I've followed your excellent guides and read a lot of posts here, to try and grasp as much as possible.

I'm going to be pushing the swedish 2.70.39 to about 20 clients. For some reason most customers of mine will give me hell if it's in english, even though they have very limited knowledge of virii-related issues. Anyway, I saw that there's no swedish packages in the mirror setup. The localized downloadable setup having been available for over 4 months now, are the packages still not ready or is it possible there's some other reason why I'm not seing them?

Sincerely,
    Jonas

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Remote Administrator allows you to choose any sfx installer downloadable from http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php (Swedish is actually listed there). Once you have created and, if desired, configured the package you can deploy it to the workstations.

3. Jonas Nilsson

Thanks for your reply. Yes, for the push I use the swedish sfx. I also use the dual profile (LAN/Internet) config explained here in the forum. But for the local mirror setup I cannot find any swedish packages, i.e. Control Center > Update > Mirror > Setup > Available versions. Are they not ready or is there any other reason why I'm not seing them? (I'm thinking this since one can update swedish clients over the Internet, from your "mirrors").

If the are no swedish available in Mirror Setup, how does this affect LAN updating? Will the swedish clients still get updated definitions, or nothing at all since the languages doesn't match? And, if so, if a client with the dual profile checks the LAN and finds no updates, will it also doublecheck the Internet? Or will it assume there's no updates? That's to say, should I configure the client profile with only Internet updating until swedish is available in Mirror Setup?

Kind regards,
    Jonas

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That's because the Swedish version was first released as v. 2.7 and since then there haven't been any program component updates released. Of course, the engine, heuristics and archive modules are kept being updated, but not the program as such.

5. Jonas Nilsson

Great. Thanks! I tested everything according to plan. The push worked fantastically well. Tested the client update first against the local mirror and then the Internet. Just as you said, there were no extra updates on the Internet. No more SAV for me then :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.