Mirror Updating not Working

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WackoTacko, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WackoTacko

WackoTacko Registered Member

Hello everybody, I recently purchased 70 licences for ESET's NOD32 Enterprise Edition solution. We are currently testing the RA Server and Console before rooling out the anti virus thorughout our whole network.

Almost everything worked out properly, config files, remote installation, etc etc. However, we cannot get the Mirror to work. After downloading the latest virus definitions from the internet I click on update on the Mirror Pane and i get a message telling me that not all Program Componennts could be updated.....

Any ideas? (screenshots included)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: Mirro Updating not Working

That's because you chose to create mirror with program components, however, you have not connected to the Eset's update servers to retrieve the list of available component updates yet.

3. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

Like Marcos say, it is working, just try again to update, and everything should work. ;)

4. WackoTacko

Hey, thanks for the quick replies.

I chose to enable the ask for permission to perfomr program component upgrade thigng and know i get a message telling me the mirror has the definitions up to date

however, when i choose update on one of the machines on the network it connects to the server / mirror but downloads some older definitions (1.113:cool: instead of the newer ones (1.1187) The machine hosting the mirror does have the most recent signatures, however, the other machines dont downlaod these.....

Help appreciated,

Wacko

5. Marcos

Maybe your mirror contains obsolete update files? What about deleting it and re-creating it from scratch?

6. WackoTacko

No... that didnt work. I deleted my mirror folder and clicked update now on the update panel and then run mirror update on the mirror panel. I got a message telling me there was anew program componenent so i clicked on Upgrade Components and I got the same message shown in the first post.....

My NOD32 Administrator just updated to 1.1188 and the update still doesnt work. The workstations are stuck at version 1.1138 and it says the definitions are up to date.....

please help!

Wacko

7. alglove

alglove Registered Member

In Mirror --> Setup, there is a section with a list of components with checkboxes. Which ones are checked?

8. WackoTacko

I've checked all the componenents since were running Win 9x and Win NT systems. I have tried doing one at a time to see if maybe an specific one is causing the problem but all of them bring up the same damn dialogue.

I have called tech support over here (Mexico) but they dont prove to be any help at all.... the lady just kept telling me to do the same thing over and over and over again.

I really don't know what could possibly be going wrong.... but please help me!!!

Wacko

9. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Which versions of NOD32 and Remote Adminstrator do you have? I have 2.50.25 and 1.0.7.

10. WackoTacko

I have the most recent versions, downloaded them off www.nod32.com a few days ago

I am currently trying hosting the mirror off another machine to see if that fixes the problem

wish me luck,
    Wacko

11. WackoTacko

Well, that didnt work.... exact same problems, maybe I've got some configuration wrong or something. Weird thing is the client connects to the mirror server but it does not detect the new signatures.

Weirder than that, after I re installed the standard version on one of the workstations here and it installed with version 1.1100 although before it had always been 1.1138.

The workstations that are for some reason on 1.1100 don't update to 1.1138 and those on 1.1138 dont update to 1.1189.

That means the mirror has the 1.1100 files or something, it isnt updating to 1.1138....

Im gonna call support here in Mexico again, they told me to call today, the lady was gonna check with her boss or something

Please help!!;
    Wacko

12. Marcos

Do you update the client machines via HTTP or via network shares?

13. WackoTacko

HTTP, i have tried using http://(IP ADRESS):8081 and http://(NETWORK NAME):8081

both connect properly but neither distribute the correct updates

14. Marcos

Have you tried updating via Windows shares to see if it makes a difference? HTTP updates are not recommended for larger networks. In such case, you'd need to use Apache or IIS to provide the update files for client workstations.

15. WackoTacko

if by via Windows Shares you mean using a path such as //COMPUTER/NOD_UPD or whatever, yes I have tried it, it makes absolutely no difference....

From what I gather after quite a few tests and messing around with the files, program components are being distributed through the network, but virus signatures not. I do not know why. Marcos, any chance you and I can discuss this thru MSN Messenger or AIMo_O?

16. WackoTacko

BUMP

is there a place to download the definition files without using the NOD32 updatero_O
    that way i could compare the files i have to the correct ones.

this is starting to get on my nerve... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

17. zashita

zashita Registered Member

Could you post a screenshot of your mirror configuration and of the client update configuration please ?

18. WackoTacko

Here you go zashita....

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2005
  19. zashita

Could you try delete your update folder, go to the Nod32 Control Center, mirror settings, uncheck the 'Require permission to perform component upgrade' box, and click on ok. You will still receive the message from your post #1. It is a normal message, so don't be worried about it (click on 'Aceptar', you don't have choice), Then go to the update section, click on update now, you will download some Mb (5-10).
    After this, wait for a message telling your mirror is up to date.
    When all of this is done, go to a client workstation, and try to update it.

20. Marcos

One thing I don't understand is why you have enabled updates for SAK, unless you use a Dell server with NOD32 for NAS installed.

Maybe you could try disabling all components, just to see if it makes a difference.

21. zashita

SAK is default checked when you select upgrades for WinNT based Nod32.
    When you don't know what it is, you let the default selection. ;)
    I didn't see in the help file what is SAK, so how can a normal user know this ? :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  22. WackoTacko

ok... ive done everything that has been said but i still cant get this damn thing to work. why is it not working? am i downloading the wrong files? are my configurations screwed? maybe connection is not being established correctly?
    this makes no friggin sense..... should the mirror have the exact same files as the updfiles folder in the ESET directory or should they be different files??

Please keep helping,
    Wacko

23. WackoTacko

QUESTION, every time i download a program component i get a message telling me the file has an incorrect digital signature..... is this "normal" or is this a problem?
    I always click on OK cuz I dont really have much choice, but I just want to make sure this can't be the source of the problem

Thanks,
    Wacko

24. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

While we we wait for other suggestions to come along, can you please send an email to support@eset.com and place a link to this thread.

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop with your progress, as we all learn this way…

Cheers :D

25. WackoTacko

OK, the email has been sent so I will just sit here and keep waiting for your replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.