Mirror Server Updates Question.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by TVCC_NSA, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TVCC_NSA

TVCC_NSA Registered Member

I'm running the latest client on Server 2003 R2, with the Remote Administration piece and Mirror Server piece installed. For a few days we recieved no updates, I didn't notice since normally NOD is so stable and error free I just forget to check on it. Apparently, we had a power outage and the server was restarted, no one had logged back into the machine, when I logged into the machine, the local client loaded and immediately downloaded the latest updates, shortly after that my client machines started to get the update. This concerns me. Do I need to log into the NOD server after every restart for it to download updates? I thought that NOD would run as a service.

Am I way off here?

Thanks

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    It is automatic...doesn't require a manual check if you reboot the server, this being based on my dozens of enterprise edition installs to clients. I think I've only seen it "stall" once on a client server..and that server I did not install fresh from scratch, it was a pre-existing one I took over..and in the beginning..the server was a bit wobbly. Needed a lot of grooming to keep it stable.

On some servers, depending on their "health"...sometimes software, no matter what software it is, can act up on you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.