Mirror Question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

I followed Blackspear's excellent gui-based install tutorial. On my server I have installed NOD32-LAN Update Server and the RAS. I have not yet installed the RAC because it will go on another LAN client. Is this OK so far?

May have run into a glitch about the "Mirror." When I got to step about setting up the Mirror (2/3's down page 2), I got a msg saying I could not setup the mirror. I was NOT online at this time. I had to terminate my install and bring my server online (dial out!) and allow nod32 to update the LAN Update Server version. It did and after a reboot, I was able to complete my Mirror setup. I think.(?) The RAS installed fine, btw.

Question: Does nod32 allow private ip address series for a Mirror setup as HTTP?

I do NOT have broadband. My access to the www is via dial-up @56K.

I have a client WS that was using a "trial" nod32 install. It is v2.70.25. I have converted it to a full version with my UName and PW. If I go in to the main Setup tool screen I can tell it that its' "update path" is my server (as 10.0.0.10:2222), but when I try to "add" my server ip addy in the Update Setup screen I get an ERROR. I can only enter my server as \\name\Mirror (which is then displayed as //name/Mirror/).

I check the Event log on my client and I have hourly events that read:
    Update Function: MapNetworkDrive, parameters: ,return value: 1326
    Update Function: DownloadAuthorization, parameters: ,return value: 1326 OFC\LoggedOnAccount

hence, the client will not/can not update from my server's "Mirror."

Do I kill the trial-to-full install on my client and start over?

Do I wait until I complete the RAC install on this client and hope I have further options for a successful "push" from my server?

Taking a licking, but still ticking!
    Thanks much,
    Duncan

2. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

yes.

The normal port for http updates is 8081, so try "http://10.0.0.10:8081/" in update mirror...

port 2222 is for remote admin (RAS)

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Thank you Megachip. Had originally install using BS's suggestion about port 8088. Will go back and check. May change back to port 8081. Do not believe I have/use any "Sharepoint Services." Understand ports 2222/3/4/ also.
    Duncan

4. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Should the "Mirror" folder/directory actually be shared to work properly, as in:

a. as in, has the folder icon with the blue shirted hand holding it?
    b. and visible when viewing a net client via Network Neighborhood?

I attempted to un-share my "Mirror" folder/directory early this AM and found that it had 2 user's connected (know not which). I asked to disconnect them and, almost immediatly, all 4 of my current client and server nod32 install's "Update" could no longer find this "Mirror" via the chosen HTTP method.

4 hours later (and a dialup to ESET) AFTER re-sharing my "Mirror" folder/directory, the server and all 4 nod32 clients have now updated to 2063.
    Confusing, very confusing.
    :doubt: Suspect that regardless of whether HTTP or UNC, the actual "Mirror" folder/directory must be "shared." :doubt:
    Thank you.
    Duncan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.