Minor Update for ZA 6.0 Pro is Out

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by profhsg, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

2. Tooltimetim

Tooltimetim Registered Member

It did for me too :D .. very very good update I thought. Works very well

3. Gort

Gort Registered Member

Yes, the .003 Version has solved the Network Detecting issue for me also and it was the only one I had to deal with basically, but like any new release, the thing is, users trying to get used to it and potentially dealing with any future misbehavior ...

I for one could do without the Anti-Spy component and the "look & wording" of the "Dangerous Behavior Alerts" that they've added and some other minor issues that subsequently will be dealt with in minor updates but all and all I'm quite happy with the potential of this software firewall and I like it.

To me it's better to have one product do "ONE THING WELL" instead of a one product trying to do everything well and not accomplishing it... They're easier to configure, easier to repair and even easier to remove without compromising your whole system if something does go wrong ...

Give me a good AV, a good AT, a good Anti-Spy App ... catch my drift ... and I'm one happy Gort

4. patermann

patermann Registered Member

Given that there is no anti-spyware component or "triple-defense firewall" in the free version, is there any benefit in upgrading to ZA free v6 from v5.5?

5. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Be happy, no extra bloat but some bugs fixed for the free 6.0... Personally I think (since they don't add extra bload to the free) it's getting more and more interesting :)

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

With the free version, it's probably good to keep up to date, since you're not losing anything by doing so. I'd upgrade unless there are specific problems with v6 free on your system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.