Minimize To System Tray Freebie?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tobacco, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Lately, i've run into a few programs that can't be minimized to the system tray. Only choices are the task bar which i prefer not too cluttered or close down the program.

Besides toolbar types like rocketdock, is there a free program that can minimize to tray programs that don't?? Running vista32.

Thanks

2. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

Take a look at this. I've never tried it myself, but usually the tips available on askvg.com are pretty good.

3. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

http://rbtray.sourceforge.net/

4. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Thanks for the replies!

Installed this one first and so far, working great :thumb: Sweet to put Iron Chrome in the tray also :D

5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Well for whatever reason, RBTray stopped minimizing iron to the tray so i booted it to the curb "WITH MY WORKBOOTS ON'! :p

And am i ever glad i did cause i found this super freebie that works on 32/64 - http://www.4t-niagara.com/tray.html

Right clicking the minimize button brings up a menu for minimizing to the system tray or you can add extra buttons (tray, rollup/roll down, keep on top, transparency) as seen in the image below. You can even "Hide" a window and it's tray icon ;) :p ;)

Iron has to be put in the tray with the 4t Tray "minimize all" function but it still works and so far, a nice program.

Attached Files:

6. drone

drone Registered Member

7. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Interested in this one but it doesn't seem to work for me. No new titlebar icons show up for me no matter what settings I choose.

8. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Hey Greg

Seems to work fine on vista32 but doesn't add the extra buttons to browser windows. Mostly everything else though including windows explorer. For the browsers, you just right click on the 4t tray icon and select "minimize to tray all".

Attached Files:

• tray.jpg
      tray.jpg
      File size:
      43.8 KB
      Views:
  9. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

No better than PowerPro for this task as well (but need to be ready to invest time to be in a certain comforting control, and i probably use only 10% of all the functions it can offer).

10. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Looks like it hasn't been updated beyond XP. What ya runnin??

11. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

XP pro, but there is constant development from its commnunity members and the author himself keeps a close eye on its baby and is usualy responsive anough to users inquiries. Please have a check at their yahoo board as an example, the fresh betas have to be grab from there...

12. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

How did you get those 4 extra butons on the titlebar?

13. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I selected those options during the install process. If you bring up the menu through the 4t tray icon and select "options", you can also do this here as evidenced by the included image. Second pic is another example of how the extra buttons were added to my Snagit program.

Attached Files:

14. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Ok, I don't get any of that in the options dialog. Are you running a paid version of it? I have all the options that you have in the left sidebar, but the one for Titlebar does not give me what you are showing.

15. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Got it working now! This could be a keeper if I could manage to replace the titlebar buttons backgrounds with the ones for Soft7.msstyles. At the very least I'd like to get rid of the blue glow it has on hover. I've made a few attempts so far with no success. Any hardcore themers out there willing to help on that?

Untitled.jpg

16. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Oh, you've led a hard life haven't you :D

So what was the problemo_O ?

17. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

I'm on Win 7. I needed the latest version. I now have pretty much skinned the buttons to match my msstyle and have them working OK. I'm fixin to boot into XP where PSP8 resides and fine tune the sizes to match the originals to make it near perfect. To do that, I have to merge the Active and Inactive msstyle images into one for 4t. Another possibilty which I'm leaning towards is doing away with the rectangle titlebar buttons background and going with just the glyph images on the titlebar. I'm thinking that will look better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.