migrating NOD from one PC to another

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by beethoven, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I will be retiring a pc and build a new pc from scratch. Obviously NOD will be a prime component.
    I assume that I can download the trial version while I am running both pc and while adding programs and tweaking the operation. However, once I am done with this, I would like to transfer my existing paid for license to the new pc and shut down the old one.
    Is there any particular procedure to follow? I do have my original email addy and licence details - just don't want to end up having a problem with NOD on the new pc due to the license originally used on another pc.

2. i_kenefick

i_kenefick Registered Member

There is no problem with this. You have to completly uninstall the trial version (and delete the ESET folder in the PROGRAM FILES folder) before installing the registered version to avoid complications. Other than this there is no problem. If you do have a quesrtion afterwards though there is lots of guys willing to help you out here :cool:

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    No problem there...the user/pass is used when updating online. Just fill it in on the new PC right as it is...wipe out your old hard drive, or uninstall NOD32 on the old PC if you're going to give it to someone else. I wouldn't even both with the trial version on the new PC..go right to your full time license.

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Yeah thank god it's not like the stupid Microsoft call-support-to-activate-your-license crap. I really really hate that :mad:

5. i_kenefick

If people were more honest (and not so much software pirates) then we wouldn't have such solutions. Although... I have to say MS have always been very quick to activate my software when I called them. Efficient, polite and easy to deal with.

6. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

True (though I waited 30 mins once), but I really hate it.. I have to call to activate a piece of software.
    English speaking people have it easy here. I'm danish and therefore I speak danish, and you can't find any of those (unless your really lucky). I have to settle for a swedish guy who I don't understand what he's saying - So the reg process that should be taking around 5 minutes now takes 20 minutes..

And if I disable my internet connection (which XP thinks is the LAN Card), I have to register once again.. It's stupid and I hate it. Simple as that.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  7. YeOldeStonecat

Yup...the number of times I've called to re-activate a product for clients has been numberous.....a good number of times. Or even in some cases for support, say on servers...all in all very positive, pleasant, and rather quick solutions.

8. i_kenefick

I have not such bad experiences :blink: I can understand your frustration from what you describe. :oops:

9. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

The reason I was thinking about the trial version is that I may use both pc parallel for a week or two as I won't have time to get everything properly set up and transferred on a weekend.

10. i_kenefick

Ah sure install a trial so :p

11. YeOldeStonecat

I think as long as you're sticking to wiping it off the old hard drive within a reasonably short period of time, as long as you keep that time short..and ensure you delete it from the old drive, I doubt anyone would get their panties in a bind.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.