Migrate OS to SSD success - but no result?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bvalente, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvalente

bvalente Registered Member

Hello Support,

Using Paragon Drive Copy 11 (just purchased last night) I have "successfully" migrated my windows 7 64 bit from an old HD boot drive to a new SSD drive, but the new drive is unbootable and appears as an unallocated disk in Windows computer management.

Paragon software seems to work perfectly fine. I choose Migrate OS to SSD option, choose "use all disk space for system area" option, and it begins copying. Somewhere in the middle it says I must restart to finish the migration, and after rebooting it completes the process without any errors.

When windows 7 comes up again, Paragon brings up a status window reporting successful migration, identifies the target drive correctly, and suggests switching the bios for the boot drive.

However, when switching in bios, the computer does not boot from that drive and reports no bootable OS on that drive. Rebooting from the old system drive and opening the disk management service, it shows the target SSD drive as unallocated. I am unable to mount that drive from disk management, nor perform any other task. It appears as an unallocated disk.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Perhaps I missed something? but as I said, paragon 11 drive copy reports everything went fine.

Brian

a few more system details:

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
    internal seagate HD
    target internal kingston V+ 512gb SSD
    both Sata drives

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Could you please post here log files from Migrate OS?

find "PWLOG.TXT", "STUBACT.LOG", "BioNTlog.TXT" in "C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\[Program Name]\Program" and attach them to your reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.