Migrate OS to SSD on windows server 2008 r2 bootproblem

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by dsalden, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsalden

dsalden Registered Member

Today I tried to migrate my Windows Server 2008 R2 install from a hard disk to my new SSD. Copy process succeeded without problems. After the first reboot the windows bootloader gave an error (0xc000000e). With the install cd of windows server I set the device and osdevice of bcdedit to c: because they said unknown at first.
    After reboot, the bootloader was no longer a problem. But almost instantly after windows in starting it stopped with the following error: "autochk program not found - skipping AUTOCHK" followed by a BSOD and reboot.

Tried several things with the windows server recovery mode: bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /rebuildbcd, several options in diskpart (partition is set active, not hidden, has drive letter c: and status is healthy).

Any idea how I can fix this problem?
    Because I would love not the have my Server reinstalled because it would involve reinstalling some programs but mostly all the configuration would take way to much time to get everything working again :(

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Did you use excludes during migration?
    If yes, then it may appear that some Windows files were not copied to the target drive.

3. dsalden

dsalden Registered Member

No I migrated the whole disk, didn't exclude anything.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Could you please boot to original Windows and create screenshot of Windows Disk Management tool :
    * right-click on 'Computer' and choose 'Manage';
    * select 'Disk Management' in 'Storage';
    * maximize the window;
    * run Snipping tool and select the whole Disk Management window
    * click File - Save as, save it is JPG or PNG format and attach here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.