Migrate OS to SSD 'copy' button greyed out

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by bremere, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bremere

bremere Registered Member

HELP!

I have a Plextor m5s ssd that i am trying to use as the target for the OS (win7) from my Samsung HM121HI drive. I keep getting faced with issues around the bytes per sector being different (4096 vs 512). I have now purchased almost $75 in software that claims to allocate data across different bytes per sector. What can I do to make this problem go away?

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

First off what OS are you trying to migrate, also what is the disk formatted as GPT, basic MBR? Could you also include a screenshot so i can attempt to replicate this error.

3. bremere

Hi Matt,

I'm trying to migrate Win 7 from my 120gb hdd (40gb used) to my new 64gb SSD. The SSD is formatted as a primary NTFS MBR with 59.57gb usable. The original drive is 512b/sector, and the SSD is 4096b/sector. In reading documentation for this software, it led me to believe the software would overcome the challenge between sector sizes.

Attached are several screenshots, one shows the HDD/SDD's mounted to my laptop (internal drive, MyBook, and SSD), another shows the software screen by screen with the step 3 image showing the 'copy' button is greyed out and not a chooseable option.

Thank you in advance for your help with my challenges.

Attached Files:

4. bremere

Any assistance here?

5. Paragon_Matt

Have tried replicating this multiple time, and haven't come up with anything. Are these disks dynamic ?

6. Paragon_Matt

I also am noticing multiple OS's, when choosing which OS, are you running a multi boot scenario?

7. bremere

No multi boot scenario, i upgraded Win XP to Win 7, and the Win XP files are still available after the upgrade. I believe both drives are dynamic, but I'm not sure how to validate this.

8. bremere

I just looked at the original HDD, it's listed in Computer Management as a 'Basic' disc, and not a dynamic disc

9. bremere

the new ssd is basic and not dynamic too, see attached

Attached Files:

10. Paragon_Matt

I know there is an upgrade to the migrate os to ssd 3.0 which may resolve this issue, it has some updated bug fixes for this type of issue, if you pm in regards to this issue and provide your email address, depending upon which this was purchased I may be able to kill your 2.0 and register you the 3.0 edition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.