Migrate OS: 0-bytes to copy?

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Servercat, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Servercat

Servercat Registered Member

I'm using Win 7-64bit and trying to copy the OS from my 1 TB HDD to my 128 GB SSD. When I used Migrate OS, it gives me the message that there isn't enough space and to pick the most important files.

I do so, and when I get to the copy screen. It says ththat there are 0 bytes to copy o.0?

Attached Files:

2. studlee

studlee Registered Member

Same exact problem:oops:
    I've got Vista 32bit with a 750GB going to a Samsung 250GB SSD.

3. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Are you both using migrate OS to SSD or another Paragon Product, I need to attempt to recreate this problem so I can attempt to re-create the issue.

4. studlee

Yes I'm using Migrate OS to SSD.

5. Paragon_Matt

Ok, please clarify your environment you have and what process you go through that shows 0KB to copy.

6. studlee

As stated above, I'm using Win Vista-32bit going from 750GB HDD to a Samsung GB SSD. When I use Migrate OS to SSD, it gives me the message that there isn't enough space and to pick the most important files. I click on the link to select my files. I uncheck several folders with large files, then click ok. The program briefly calculates and then say that there are 0 bytes to copy, exactly like the screen shot above.

7. Paragon_Matt

and when you attempt to copy the SSD what happens then ?

8. Servercat

Never attempted to copy, I stopped at that message. Didn't want to risk something weird happening and losing my data.

9. Paragon_Matt

Just as a point, the migration that is attempted only reads from the source and writes to the destination. So attempting the copy may still work, it just may be reading and calculating incorrectly. Attempt it and let me know if it fails or not.

10. Paragon_Matt

OK guys I tested and retested, I was curious how much data you are attempting to move from source to destination. Also, what is the total overall amount of space used on the source drives. I am unable at this moment to replicate the issue so I need more information.

11. Servercat

I have about 870 GB of data on my 1 TB drive, moving to a 128GB SSD. When it originally told me to to chose what files to move. I pared it down just to Windows/game saves and some documents. Which should of had the SSD about half full.

When i got the message, I stripped it down to just the Windows folder and got that message again.

As a test, I made a dummy folder containing a 100ish MB video and still got the same message, 0-bytes to copy.

12. yeatsie

yeatsie Registered Member

I just bought this software now, and have exact same problem - trying to migrate my 2nd partition (Windows 7 64bit) to my 60GB SSD, but when i select the files i want to include, they get ignored!

Any solution at all to this??!

13. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You need to make sure to include ALL the files windows needs to operate.

Just the Windows folder is no good.

It may be waiting for you to select ALL the o/s files as a minimum , before it will start.

14. Servercat

I did another test, where i left everything selected but my dummy video folder. I still got the 0-bytes to copy message, not even a further warning about not enough space. I think at this point, I'm just going to ask for a refund :(

15. yeatsie

That makes no sense, why would they not specify such a limitation, and just lock the Windows folder as not being selectable?

16. yeatsie

Yes, i tried selecting everything also, and when i click ok/save and it goes to the next screen - 0 Bytes selected yet again.

I too have emailed asking for an imediate refund on this software, about 30mins after buying it and then reaching this impass (no reply yet) - it seems next to useless as it stands..

17. Paragon_Matt

My apologies for not being able to respond quick enough and replicate the issue you folks are running into, if you PM me, I will respond back with a number to call as long as it is within the 30 days of purchase, and they will issue you a refund.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.