migrate easy problem

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by donem, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donem

donem Registered Member

After reading the problems with Migrate Easy I thought I should contribute my two cents. I wanted to transfer my OS (XP) plus other files to a larger drive. This seemed to be an ideal task for Migrate Easy. I knew that I might have to use the MS Repair Console - no problem. So I selected Disk Clone. My source disk was a 15Gb Maxtor - my destination disk was a 80Gb Maxtor. Easy, I thought. Ha Ha (cynical laughter).
    Migrate Easy promptly told me that my destination disk was smaller than my source disk !! - Excuse me ? When was a 80Gb disk smaller than a 15Gb disk? The 80 Gb Maxtor was brand new, factory fresh, formatted, no problems. Ok, thinks me, I've made a mistake and chosen the wrong disks, ie, wrong way round. Back I go - No, no mistakes, I was asking to transfer the small disk to the large disk. Same result. I tried this six times. I even did a uninstall/reinstall of Migrate Easy. Same result.
    At this point I got fed up, ditched Migrate Easy, wrote off the 28 pounds sterling or so and used Drive Image 7. This cloned my 15Gb disk to the 80Gb disk perfectly. I then removed the old disk, made the new disk the master and booted the PC. No problems. It even changed the drive letter to C:.
    I think that once the bugs are out of Migrate Easy it might be an excellent program. Early days, fellas, early days.

Donem

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Donem,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (619) of Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0, which is available on our web site at the Product Updates section.

To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Could you please clarify whether you have tried to clone the hard drive within Windows or while booting from Acronis Migrate Easy Bootable Rescue Media?

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. donem

donem Registered Member

Hi
    The software is registered and I have the latest version. I tried both routes, ie, through Windows and via the Rescue setup. Same result.

Donem

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Donem,

If you want us to investigate the issue then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.