Migrate Easy - Primary Slave is now gone.

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by DigitalCreature, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalCreature

DigitalCreature Registered Member

I recently upgrade from 40 GB to 80 GB using Migrate Easy, after it finished, I shutdown the computer, removed the old Primary Master (40 GB) , then connect the new 80 GB HDD as Primary Master.

I had this 120 GB HDD which was disconnected in order to connect the new 80 GB HDD as Primary Slave, so I also connected that 120 GB drive back onto the Primary Slave, then boot up the computer.

All seems to go well except for the 120 GB HDD (Primary Slave) which gets detected in BIOS, at POST, and also in Device Manager, but fails to show up in My Computer or anything other accessible places.

Please tell me what went wrong, thanks.

2. BengalTiger

BengalTiger Guest

Before the Acronis mods are called...

Æï<ªÒψ|¼cM½îÙØõ¿'ve prob. rebooted first time without connecting the slave (120 hdd). Try rebooting without the primary slave and then shut down and reboot again with slave.

3. DigitalCreature

DigitalCreature Registered Member

Thank you for your response, I found an answer to my own question, I should just share it with you guys in case anyone would come across the same problem.

All I had to do was go into Disk Management tool (Windows's) then right click on the drive, and assign a drive letter to it. That was it! =)

Thanks anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.