Migrate Easy on Dell System | Drive with EISA partition.

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by DJ BIS, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ BIS

DJ BIS Registered Member

Hello, I a have tried to migrate a dual boot drive (2 partitions, C: and D:) to an existing hard drive on my Dell laptop which already had a EISA partition in it.
    Since I did not want to touch it because it contains Dell specific apps for the system I tried to make the migration avoid erasing the EISA partition. I did not care for the rest of the data on the drive but I feared touching that EISA partition.

After everything was said and done, Migration Easy seems to have gotten rid of the EISA partition. I am now only able to boot to D: on both drives, but C: on both drives cannot be accessed at all.

I tried using the XP CD to rebuild the master boot record on both C: and D: but it did not help.

I don't know where to go from here as I am not familiar with command lines and Windows XP Repair operations. Could it be a simple boot.ini issue?

Why did Migration Easy do this?!

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thank You!

2. DJ BIS

DJ BIS Registered Member

Anybody?

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.
    Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware...."

Its happening on both, the drive that was cloned and the drive I cloned from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.