Migrate Easy not seeing second drive

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jetski22, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetski22

jetski22 Registered Member

I have cloned my C drive and removed it. Then I put the cloned C drive in the computer as the master drive to boot from. Then I put in my slave drive (which were partitions D, E, F, G, and H) but the cloned C drive does not see that drive and all the partitions. If I put the original C drive back in then I can see the slave drive. This all using Windows Explorer to view the two drives. Help please!

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Try at least 1 cycle of boot - reboot. With the newly cloned HDD alone.

Shutdown. Connect orginal HDD as slave & reboot.

If this doesn't work.

Slave HDD isn't connected correctly. Either the powered molex or the jumper settings on 1 or both HDDs are wrong.

Different HDD brands act differently with other different brands of HDD. Jumper wise. Like sometimes the master HDD needs the jumper when its the onlt HDD. But when an additional HDD is present no jumper should be used. And other variations.

3. jetski22

Thank you for you response. I did reboot a couple of times, but with the same problem. I haven't tried putting the original C drive in the slave position yet to see if the cloned drive can see it.
    I have all the drives in the cable select jumper postition.
    If I run Partition Magic with the cloned C drive in and my second drive with the D thru H partitions installed I can see the second drive, but I can not see the second drive with Windows Explorer.

4. jetski22

Also the hard drives are all Maxtors.

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I'm betting the CS settings on the jumpers are the problem.

I suggest for the master HDD use the master jumper setting.
    And for the slave HDD the slave jumper setting.

If thats a no go.

Then try all sorts of variations.
    Like no jumper on the master HDD (works on my WD) & slave or CS on the slave HDD.

If my math is correct. 4 settings (M, CS, S & no jumper) each HDD. Thats 16 combos.
    Less minus the obvious no gos.

Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  6. jetski22

Thank you for trying to help me. I have done everything you have suggested without any luck. I sent a help message to Acronis over a week ago with no response. I submitted a second one today. I really don't think they are interested in selling me their product. If they are this slow for a response I am not sure how they would do if I bought it. I am pretty disappointed.

7. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Now that I know that you're using the TRIAL version of AME.

I'm thinking & I could be wrong.

That the partial functionality, being able to see the cloned HDD when viewed as a slave but not make it a bootable master.

Might be a result of a crippled TRIAL version of AME.

Not a result of a full RETAIL version of AME.

8. jetski22

So the trial version is not a complete version? My understanding it was. Can any one tell me? It would be hard to evaluate the software if it can't do everything you expect it will.

9. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

10. jetski22

Thank you Zapjb for offering suggestions. I have good news. I recloned my C drive and after booting with the new cloned C drive it picked up the slave drive and all the drive letter partitions. So it is now working as advertized.
    Thanks again for your help even though Acronis wouldn't answer my call for help.

11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Glad you're sorted.

It's easy to go through the options of AME the 1st time or 2. Too quickly & make mistakes. I suspect thats what happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.