Migrate Easy Bootable Disc does not recognize external usb

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by buenavista81, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buenavista81

buenavista81 Registered Member

Hello,

I am using the latest trial version of Migrate Easy. The bootable CD is not recognizing my usb 2.0 external drive. I am using an Sabrent SBT-ESU25 enclosure. The program hangs at "loading acronis". The program starts fine when the external drive is disconnected.

I found another thread in which someone else was having a problem getting Migrate Easy to recognize his Sabrent enclosure:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=64587&highlight=external drive

Is there a solution to this problem? I would buy this program in a second if it would work with my external drives. Do I need to get a different enclosure? What known enclosures work?

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello buenavista81,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Clone Software.

Could you please try the following workaround:

1. Disconnect your external drive.
    2. Boot your computer from the Acronis Migrate Easy rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button.
    3. Then input the command:

insmod usb-storage

4. If you can boot with this module please then input the command:

product

to boot in GUI.

Please let me know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.