Migrate Easy 7 Personal problem

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by OverRouter, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OverRouter

OverRouter Registered Member

Bought a new, large hard drive for my machine. Installed and ran Migrate easy to create a clone of my old, very small disk (partitioned into two - C: and D:). Chose the defaults to scale up the partitions on the new disk. All seemed to go well and the copying completed successfully.

After the PC powered off, I rearranged my hard disks in the machine so that the new disk was the master and the old one the slave.

Expected to boot from the new disk and have bigger better C:and D: drives, with my old boot disk mapping to drives F and G (The CD is E).

However, although Windows (XP home) seemed to initially start up OK, I never got to the XP login window. The machine displayed the typical blue Windows intro screen with the Windows XP logo in the middle, and then just sat there.

Eventually I reset the machine as Ctrl Alt Del didn't do anything either, and next time it did start up but drives C and D, oddly, were still assigned to the old small drive's partitions. It is as though it started booting from the new drive and finished with the old one.

I tried disconnecting the old drive and rebooting, but it always just hangs with the blue windows intro screen. Any ideas anyone?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello OverRouter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Cloning and System Transferring Software.

Please perform cloning once again and unplug the old drive as it is recommended before booting Windows. Also please make sure your new drive is plugged in the same way as the old one was before the cloning.

If the problem still persists please plug both drives and create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post. Please send this report to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. It will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.