Migrate Easy 7.0 Download not fully functional?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by IrGrFr, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrGrFr

IrGrFr Registered Member

I tried ME 7.0 download to clone from an XP internal IDE drive to external USB drive - from the bootable recovery CD. Cloning stops with this message: "This is the trial version of Acronis Migrate Easy. It is not possible to commit the operations you have selected". Isn't the 15 day trial supposed to be fully functional?

2. David G.

David G. Registered Member

I had the same thing happen. The bootable CD ends in the "Trial Version" disclaimer and doesn't allow completion. If you run it within Windows (or at least Windows 2000 Pro) it works. I was hesitant to run it as a Windows program because I was afraid some resident programs might muck things up, but what ends up happening is that you set everything up as you want it, then the program asks you to reboot. Then it gets to the Windows splash screen and a "DOS" type screen opens up underneath and all the work is done there, just like doing a checkdisk on bootup.
    So far everything is running fine, but I did have to assign the letters to my second drive again. For some reason the computer "forgot" them, though the transfer did keep my 2 partitions on my main drive int the right scheme. I have them as C: and G:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.