Microsoft's AntiSpyware and Sunbelt's CounterSpy outdo PC Tools' latest utility.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Stephanos G., May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

Spyware Doctor Fails to Beat Favorites in Latest Tests

Microsoft's AntiSpyware and Sunbelt's CounterSpy outdo PC Tools' latest utility.

Mary Landesman
    From the June 2005 issue of PC World magazine
    Posted Thursday, April 28, 2005

Spyware Doctor Fails to Beat Favorites in Latest Tests

2. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Interesting. PC Magazine's Editor rated CounterSpy 2 1/2 stars and Spyware Doctor's 3.0 version (the most recent version is 3.2) 3 1/2 stars (MS Anti-Spyware Beta was not rated).

PC Magazine's Editor reviews for anti-spyware programs

I guess we can officially conclude now that PC World and PC Magazine are NOT related (LOL).

Seriously, I am beginning to think that "spyware removers" are becoming a bit of a beauty contest, with beauty being in the eye of the beholder. I can go to 10 different sites and get 10 different reviews and opinions. I do think it's safe to say that all 3 of the above mentioned applications are probably among the top ten or top dozen or so, but I see way too many tests that vary in results to believe that some are clearly better than "comparable" spyware prevention/detection/removal programs. Don't get me wrong, I think that some clearly are better than others, but the absolute "best of the best" are probably too close to call in many instances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.