Microsoft's 64GB Surface Pro tablet to ship with TWO-THIRDS of its storage space alre

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ams963, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Read more here.;)

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hmm . . . Bloatware?
    Come on MS, it's your flagship product! :ninja:

3. er34

er34 Guest

The guys are wrong when comparing iPad vs the Surface PRO version. iPad has not a complete OS as the Surface RT, so people should compare the RT version of Surface and iPad.
    ---
    I don't know where the problem is. People already know that Windows full OS is about 20 GB, and there are other software that comes preinstalled. It is not that big issue - uninstall what you don't need and that's it. And never remember - this is portable device - it was never meant to be replacement for a real laptop or Desktop PC. Additionally, the article says one may want to install Adobe's CS - that will never happen. Any designer or imager I know will want 20 or more inches display to work with Adobe products and none of them will install it on a device with just 10 inches display - so what the article says is nonsense.

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I think the point you might be missing is that some people are likely to feel cheated paying an already too high price for space that isn't just a little under the advertised amount but far under it. I think another question that should be asked is what the hell are they loading up on it that takes an extra 41 gigs of space? The device is already a bit under-powered for its price range, and now folks can't even have enough initial space to use. Nobody would compare it to a desktop, they're worlds apart. But plenty would expect to get a lot more for near a grand in price, especially when there is already a lot of established competition out there.

5. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

I would like to have a Surface Pro but is so expensive , in my country it will be simple prohibitive.

Ipad 4 is superior for my needs.

6. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

Other side:

"Surface Pro has a USB 3.0 port for connectivity with almost limitless storage options, including external hard drives and USB flash drives. Surface also comes preloaded with SkyDrive, allowing you to store up to 7GB of content in the cloud for free."

Microsoft continues. "The device also includes a microSDXC card slot that lets you store up to 64GB of additional content to your device. Customers can also free up additional storage space by creating a backup bootable USB and deleting the recovery partition."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57566423-75/microsoft-surface-pro-software-devours-disk-space/

7. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

And yet Microsoft wants us to compare themselves to other tablets in terms of interface, speed, graphics..... but space? Now we're wrong to compare. Double standard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.