Microsoft Wins 'Tabbed Browsing' Patent

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

internetnews

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I really believe that microsoft by use of their heavy handed way they treat other software companys and their own customers they are slowly but surely cutting their own throat. They just don't seem to be able to allow any other companies to have anything if possible. It's to bad, I like quite a few microsoft products but what microsoft better start realizing is that there are products available to replace them if they get to out of hand.

just my personal opinion

bigc.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Getting old for me too. Tiresome to say the least.

My next computer will not be related to the boys from Redmond.

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Thanks for link Ron. :) [:( to MS]

Well, what a turn up for the books..... So they now have patented "tabbing in browsing"... omg.. what next? Patent 'scroll bar'; 'minimise/maximise button', etc. etc. May as well.

I have never bashed MS before and won't "bash" it now, but to have them come out in such a heavy handed [as bigc says] attitude by actually going to the trouble of patenting extremely common wording defies logic.

Much like "The Don" patenting 'You're Fired' ROFL... what a joke.

There are so many terms/use/plug-ins/general sayings that the general people and software developers take for granted in 'tabbing' that its use to be now "under threat of a lawsuit" would make you laugh if it wasn't so serious.

~sighs~ TAS :mad:

5. FrankZappa?

FrankZappa? Guest

If M$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ has their way we'll all be in some trouble. Sometime soon Linux, OpenOffice.org and some other free software may no longer be free, because of B. Gates's intense greed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.