Microsoft.Windows Security Center.Antivirus Override

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AWorriedPerson, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWorriedPerson

AWorriedPerson Registered Member

Hello, I have a little problem here. For long time ago I downloaded Spybot Search & Destroy. It was okey for some time but then it started to find things like these.

Microsoft.Windows Security Center.Antivirus Override

or

Windows Security Center.Antivirus Override

They are located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SecurityCenter\AntivirusOverride!=dword:0

It is only in the first scan when I turn on my computer. Second scan don't found nothing. If I close my computer and open it and scan then it is again there. Their not in the same time.

Is this a problem. Should I be worried. Please help.

2. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The AntivirusOverride entry Spybot is informing you about relates to the selection....I have an antivirus program that I'll monitor myself. You can see that by going to Start\Control Panel\Security Center....look at the right hand side of the window and check the setting under Virus Protection(expanding if necessary). If you click Recommendations....You should see....I have an antivirus program that I'll monitor myself.

That setting means Windows will not monitor your virus protection status and won't send you alerts if it is out of date or off.

From Spybot FAQ---> Why does Spybot-S&D flag changes in the Windows Security Center ?

4. AWorriedPerson

AWorriedPerson Registered Member

Thank you very much for this information. That really calmed me down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.