Microsoft Will End Sales of New Windows 7 and 8.1 PCs in One Month

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by stapp, Oct 2, 2016.

1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

http://news.softpedia.com/news/micr...ndows-7-and-8-1-pcs-in-one-month-508843.shtml

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Don't panic - third party sellers will continue to have Windows 7 available for refurbished computers.

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Indeed, people can still buy even an unused packed XP these days. But they will eventually move to 10, simply because of the lack of a hardware support.

4. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

That's interesting news. Well if you already have Windows 10, maybe it's not such a big deal, unless you're suddenly desperate not to have it on a new machine. I'm sure there will be a number who are affected by that, seeing as Windows 10 may have ruined their previous machines. What was a concern was talk about Microsoft's going to a subscription-based model at least for some of its W10 products. I guess they're not considering it anymore (for now), probably for one because it makes them look like they're nickel and diming and their reputation isn't what it used to be. Microsoft misjudged the tiny detail of public perception, I think.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I just hope Microsoft fix the things they broke in their anniversary update. hyper v doesnt work on the anniversary update so I have switched to vmware player for now.
    multiple cumulative updates have had issues installing and causing issues with third party apps.
    Microsoft need to work on their QA.

I am surprised that Microsoft are stopping sale of new computers with windows 7 and 8.1 at the same time. I am thinking this is due to business users sticking with 7 and home users will most likely want 10.

6. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

No worries here. I didn't plan on buying a new Windows computer anyway. I have 2 and when they bite the dust that's it for Windows. :D

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I thought they had already stopped. They all being updated by the same people making Windows 10, so they'll all end up broken anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.