Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express

Visual Web Developer Express.
    Develop a name for yourself.
    Introducing Visual Web Developer Express, a powerful, and soon to be legendary web development tool that is simple to use and can help you achieve truly inspiring results.
    Packed full of cool features like IntelliSense, 100% source code preservation, slick integrated debuggers, a built-in Web server, sexy WYSIWYG design, ASP.NET 2.0 Masters and zero code databinding, VWD Express is just what you need to give your web builds added zing with the minimum of effort.

For a limited time only you can get your hands on VWD Express absolutely FREE. It's ridiculously easy to download and install, so why not take a look?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/default.aspx

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I am definitely interested in looking at this.

Can't seem to find any Download links though...Am I blind?

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I will give it a spin too. I am curious as to what it can do. Personally, I do not like using Microsoft products for web site developement. I do not like the non-standard and unnecessary code that they generate. I also do not like being isolated from the source code as well. I like to know what is being put in and why. I have stopped using FrontPage for these reasons.

5. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Holy cow! One of the four downloads is 368 megabytes! :eek: I am scared already.

6. Alec

Alec Registered Member

I believe that's the MSDN documentation piece, if I'm not mistaken. No worries. BTW, Web Developer is nothing like Front Page. Front Page was a mess if you ask me. Also, if anyone has even the slightest interest in programming, you should definitely pick up one or more of the other Express Edition pieces as well... C#, VB, C++, and J#. Like Web Developer EE, they are all free for the first year, $49.95 after that, IIRC. In paticular, if you are new to programming, I would pick up C#. All of the Express Editions are pretty slick, and they have nice tutorial and video freebies to get you started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.