Microsoft Visual C++ Error when running ATI Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vandergraff, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vandergraff

vandergraff Registered Member

I have created a new task to back up my iTunes Library and every time the back up runs it crashes approx 2/3 of the way through the backup.

The Windows Error reports says

-----------------------------------
    Microsoft Visual C++ Library Runtime Error

Program: ...mon Files\Acronis\TrueImageHomeService.exe this Application requests the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information
    ----------------------------------

I can see ATI created an 9GB .tib - which should be about 14G if it backed up the complete library. Suggestions please....

Note I have another (less frequent) task which is a Complete Hardware Drive Backup which has run fine for the last few months - although I am worried what will happen the next time it runs.

My OS is Windows XP Mediacenter Edition running SP3 and I have Acronis TrueImage Home version 11

2. Tatou

Tatou Registered Member

Can't give you advice about the error but have you considered backing up the Itunes library in their native format using something like Karen's Replicator (it is free).

Many here use TI for a complete system backup as you do but use other means for critical data files so as not to have them locked in a proprietary file such as Tib.

Replicator has the advantages of being able to schedule as well.

Just a thought

3. vandergraff

I'll look at Karen's Replicator - however I would like solve the TrueImage Error - it is consistant everytime I run the task..

Any ideas anyone?

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

First things to try are to make sure your security software is tripping up ATI -- either make sure the ATI executables are allowed in the security software or turn the seciruty software off and see if that makes a diff.

Sometimes ATI will not install properly for any of a number of reasons that this happens under Windows, and uninstalling, reinstalling might help. It's best to install without other programs running -- use msconfg to remove everything from services and startup except windows services and then reboot and install ATI.

5. vandergraff

Thanks for the suggestions.

I use Kaspersky Internet Security - Acronis executables all are listed as trusred applications with full access. I supose I could try a re-install - but that seems drastic for now as the Entire Hard Drive back up task has run without problems for months. It is only this new task when I back up iTunes that has a problem.

I was hoping someone would have seen this error code (see my first post above) before and know what caused it.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

vandergraff, I may recommend you to use our Live Chat service here and ask any Live chat operator to provide you with the latest build of SnapAPi program and the latest build of Acronis scheduler for Acronis True Image 11 Home.

If this doesn't help, please provide us with the following information:

1. - Press the Start button, choose Run, type drwtsn32 and hit Enter;- In the dialog that appears check the Log File Path and Crash Dump paths;
    - Set the Crash Dump Type to Full.
    - Make sure the Dump Symbol Table option is checked, then click the OK button;
    - Reproduce the problem;
    - drwtsn32.log and user.dmp files will be created in the directories specified in Log File Path and Crash Dump.

2. - Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.