Microsoft Virus?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Jovin43, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jovin43

Jovin43 Registered Member

I wonder if someone has had any experience with a virus that has mimiced the Microsoft site. We've had a window come up on the computer that said we needed to update our Microsoft...whatever.

After having clicked on this, we have continually gotten a notice that our windows is not a genuine version and wants us to click on an icon.

Can someone help us out with this, because we've noticed that it's definitely affected some programs also.

Thanks

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi Jovin :)
    I myself haven't heard of this. If you check in your my computer properties you will find what system you have running and the OEM Registration. Can you confirm that you do have a registration there listed. There is a pop up box from Microsoft which will be displayed with regards Windows Genuine Advantage, which will pop up if you are not running genuine software. If you go to this web link you will be able to confirm that your software is genuine or not!

Regards

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/whyValidate.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.